If you are looking to update your bedroom with some throw cushions then create maximum impact with the following tips.
- Consider the fabric used. Can you match your throw cushions to the bed linen you’ve got in your bedroom? The warmer weather means you may be changing to lighter fabrics soon so consider that when purchasing cushions.
- Use a ‘karate chop’ in the middle of the cushion to create a crease – this will make them seem more lived in and loved. It will also help to break up uniform shapes and make cushions of different colours and patterns work together.
- Use plain fabrics to accent patterns. If you have plain bed sheets then consider a bright pattern to lighten up the room and vice versa.
- If you want to add a graphic hit to your bed but aren’t sure how much is too much, start with plain sheets and limit your patterned elements to fall within this colour palette.
- Contrast block colours with horizontal lines and vertical lines in narrow spaces to play with the eyes and make the space seem larger.
- Money matters and if your bed needs a complete style makeover invest in a few quality pieces to smarten up the room.
- Use throw cushions to add some fashionable accents. Current trends include metallic, pastels and geometric designs.
- Different sizes. Combine cushions of different sizes and shapes such as oval or oblong to create a more homely and welcoming look.
Got any interior design tips of your own? Give us a shout in the comments below!